An Applications Engineer at AMS fulfills a variety of duties related to actively driving and maintaining sales processes, establishing and improving upon customer relations, and evaluating growing technologies and trends within the nuclear industry. This individual provides a technical interface with prospective customers to assist with the sales and marketing process. This individual also acts as an AMS products and services advocate and must be able to relay any specifics of ongoing and future project details to both company and industry-wide affiliates. An AMS Applications Engineer should enjoy relationship building and successfully connecting clients to productive solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other related field
- 3+ years of relevant nuclear industry experience
- Articulate current technology and product information from both a business and technical standpoint to communicate the value of AMS services
- Maintain accurate records of current and future project opportunities, industry contacts, quotes,
and database correspondence
- Establish an expert level of products and services knowledge including AMS test equipment, service offerings, and nuclear industry systems that AMS works with
- Travel 6 to 12 times per year for an average 4-day duration per trip to perform national and international field service testing at national and international nuclear power plants
- Interact with existing and potential customers over the phone and in person to discuss AMS technology, identify customer needs, and cultivate relationships
- Interface between customers and AMS engineering groups to ensure project technical requirements are understood and met
- Develop and give project and/or product presentations to address specific customer needs and to support overall sales processes
- Establish and address new customer needs via AMS service solutions
- Work with an excited, growing, and entrepreneurial marketing and sales team focused on long-term company growth and success.
AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, annual raises and bonuses, four weeks of paid time off, 401K program, ten paid holidays per year, as well as employer-paid health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.
Share this job!