EMC Laboratory Supervisor
A Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 5 years of directly related experience in Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing and EMI/RFI troubleshooting. 3+ years of management experience with teams and technical services is required.
- Monitor EMC qualification testing in a lab environment and in the field
- Review and compose test plans and procedures
- Perform expert level EMI/RFI troubleshooting and noise mitigation
- Travel occasionally to lead and perform field service testing at customer facilities including national and international nuclear facilities
- Oversee internal and external calibrations of EMC test equipment
- Communicate and interface regularly with clients on project progress and technical consultation
- Conduct regular technical trainings and courses for both internal team members and for industry professionals
- Prepare and review technical documentation and reports for various research and commercial projects
- Work alongside the QA team to ensure the lab spaces meet industry compliance under ISO/IEC 17025 standards and maintain A2LA laboratory accreditation
- Supervise and coordinate scheduling and budgeting to assure set departmental goals are achieved
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Maintain an orderly and professional appearance and demeanor
- Work closely with the EMC Engineering Manager to develop new commercial products and services
AMS is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, four weeks of paid time off, a 401K retirement program, at least ten paid holidays per year, and flexible hours. AMS also offers generous employer contributions towards health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.