Work For Us


Who We Are

Analysis and Measurement Services Corporation (AMS) is a nuclear engineering consulting firm, providing the worldwide nuclear power industry with equipment, training, and services to verify the performance of process instrumentation and control systems.

Founded in 1977 in Knoxville, Tennessee, AMS was created as a spin-off company based on research performed at the Oak Ridge National Lab and the University of Tennessee. Our company is staffed by a group of approximately 100 engineers and scientists with B.S. to Ph.D. degrees in nuclear, electrical, mechanical, chemical, computer, and materials engineering.

Web banner

AMS engineers and training course participants discuss engineering solutions at a recent training course event.


What We Do

AMS is a recognized market leader in the testing and development of specialized equipment and services for preventative maintenance and aging management in nuclear plants. Approximately 70 percent of our company’s activities are dedicated to performing field measurements in nuclear power plants. The remaining 30 percent is dedicated to equipment development, laboratory testing, research and development, and technical training.


Web banner

A training session at AMS.


Our Company Culture

Even as we continue to grow, AMS proudly sustains a “we are family” culture. Many AMS employees have worked for our organization for over 20 years. Our company inspires this loyalty through its genuine concern for the well-being of employees and their families. Employees are united in their commitment to do the best job possible for AMS, its customers, and the community. We encourage a group approach and believe in the importance of working with others who appreciate, respect, and focus on succeeding as a team.


Web banner

AMS employees take part in a volleyball tournament at the company summer party


Community Involvement

At AMS, we believe that a company should continually be involved with the local community. To that end, AMS proudly supports many community initiatives such as the United Way, Children’s Hospital, and various fundraising efforts of local charities. We also feel a commitment to help the next generation of engineers. As such, AMS has contributed to area schools and universities to help students realize their dreams of working in engineering fields. AMS co-founded ‘Systers: Women in EECS at UTK’ which mentors young women entering EECS and reaches out to girls in the community to inform them about opportunities in the world of engineering and computer science. AMS also created the ‘AMS Nuclear Engineering Graduate Fellowship’ for the University of Tennessee.


Web banner

An AMS engineer demonstrates AMS services and equipment during a STEM Camp visit by local students.