An Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Laboratory Manager at AMS leads the EMC engineering team to success through technical oversight of testing services, research, and day-to-day lab activities.
A Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and/or 5 years of directly related experience in Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing and EMI/RFI troubleshooting. 3+ years of management experience with teams and technical services is required.
- Monitor EMC qualification testing in a lab environment and in the field
- Review and compose test plans and procedures
- Perform expert level EMI/RFI troubleshooting and noise mitigation
- Travel occasionally to lead and perform field service testing at national and international nuclear facilities
- Oversee calibration records of EMC test equipment and hardware systems
- Communicate and interface regularly with clients on project progress and technical consultation
- Conduct regular technical trainings and courses for both the team and for industry professionals
- Prepare and review technical documentation and reports for various research and commercial projects
- Work alongside the QA team to ensure the lab spaces meet industry compliance under ISO 17025 standards and maintain A2LA laboratory certification
- Supervise and coordinate scheduling and budgeting to assure set departmental goals are achieved
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Maintain an orderly and professional appearance and demeanor
AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, annual raises and bonuses, four weeks of paid time off, 401K program, ten paid holidays per year, as well as employer-paid health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.
Share this job!