Nuclear Research Engineer
AMS is very proud of our comprehensive Quality Assurance program which has been the foundation for our 40 years of quality services and products for the worldwide nuclear power industry. In addition to being a 10CFR50 Appendix B compliant company, AMS is an accredited A2LA Laboratory (A2LA Cert. No. 3483.01) for qualification testing of a variety of components for nuclear power plants and other industries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master of Science degree in Nuclear Engineering, and/or a Bachelor of Science degree in Nuclear Engineering with 5+ years of directly related research or industry experience. Graduate research experience is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain an orderly and professional appearance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Skilled in the use of routine laboratory equipment
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings
- Knowledge of engineering/scientific experiments, tests, and data collection protocols
- Strong technical writing skills
- Perform research and development to produce new products and technologies
- Perform data analysis and write corresponding technical documentation
- Write and review proposals, grants, and other similar documents
- Travel for R&D and commercial support
AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, annual raises and bonuses, four weeks of paid time off, 401K program, ten paid holidays per year, as well as employer-paid health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.