The Purchasing Agent for AMS is responsible for supporting our engineering team with purchasing and tracking equipment and supplies as needed. Duties include placing orders, ensuring time and cost-effective delivery, and supporting the accounting department with processing receipts and invoices for purchases. Ability to negotiate down prices and purchase at bargain is critical. A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or supply management is preferred but other degrees may be acceptable with relatable experience.
- Works closely with engineers to understand and adequately meet purchasing needs based on current and ongoing projects.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Evaluate suppliers on the basis of the price, quality, and speed of delivery of their products and services
- Supports travel arrangements through cost evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Job duties are expected to adapt and evolve as needed to support company expansion and growth.
- Perform other duties as required by company.
AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, annual raises and bonuses, four weeks of paid time off, 401K program, ten paid holidays per year, as well as employer-paid health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.